In 1968 BMW presented the 1602 cabriolet.
Its unofficial name appendage “02” was intended merely to identify the 1600 as BMW’s new two-door model and to distinguish it from the larger four-door sedan.
The all-open and rare BMW 1602 convertible (type BMW 114 C) was designed by Baur in Stuttgart for BMW and built there from early 1968 until the fall of 1971. The convertible with roll bar was also called a Targa. The series was superseded by the first BMW 3 Series (model series E21) in August 1975.
There were only four cylinder models (engine type M10).
This rare and original BMW convertible from the factory was restored by the last owner from 2003 – 2005 for himself with attention to detail.
After complete disassembly, the body was restored with original BMW sheet metal: side panels, doors, rear panel, trunk floor, sills and hoods. Watching the thin numbers of paint measuring, you see the quality of the bodywork and paint job. The original color polar silver was changed to for blue.
Engine, transmission, chassis and the electrical system were completely overhauled.
Since completion in 2005, the convertible was moved about 7,000km and serviced annually.
Check these videos of this beauty:
Berlin / Germany