Porsche 911 (964) Carrera RS
- original RS with magnesium rims
- matching numbers + colours
- Porsche certificate
The special thing about this Porsche 964 RS is that all RS specifications installed at the factory are still preserved.
On 02.10.2023 this original RS was examined in the Porsche Classic Center Berlin.
Porsche issued this RS with the Porsche Classic Certificate / Certificate of Authenticity and confirmed the authenticity.
It has matching numbers and matching colors.
A current Classic-Data appraisal condition 2+ with the value 240.000,- and a new H-approval are available!
Porsche Classic describes this RS in the technical certificate dated 13.10.2023 as follows:
,,Overall, the vehicle is in good condition over all. The paintwork is in good condition and shows only minor damage. The bodywork is in very good condition and shows no visible damage. The interior appears to be in good condition for the year of manufacture. The engine has no visible/apparent leaks or damage. The front brake discs and brake pads, as well as the rear brake discs and brake pads, are as good as new.
The chassis is in excellent condition, no action is required.”
Enjoy the video of this rare beauty:
The 964 RS models are basically road-legal racing cars from the factory and were created as mandatory homologation vehicles for the Porsche Carrera Cup one-make cup, which was newly founded in 1990.
As a basic version, a so-called ,,carpet RS”, 1,916 vehicles were produced.
Due to the modified ECU, the 964 RS has 10 hp more power, 260 hp and a more direct torque due to the single-mass flywheel. The body is 4 cm lower. To save weight, the front hood is aluminum and the 17-inch rims are magnesium. The side and rear windows are made of thinner glass. For weight reasons, the underbody protection, the rear seat, the airbag, the air conditioning, the radio, the ZV, the el.windows, no NSW only screens and the electric mirrors, were also omitted.
Instead of “normal seats” sports bucket seats and door loops instead of handles were installed.
In addition, the brake system “front turbo brake and rear from Cup Porsche”.
On this RS, the parts with the production numbers matching the car are still preserved. Even the original RS steering wheel is in the car, the recaro seats still carry the factory number and are the same as the numbers noted in the body.
The instruments all bear the same VDO stamps from Nov.1991!
Since these vehicles like until the 2000s still predominantly ran in various racing series, we suspect that about a third has unfortunately been irretrievably lost. How many vehicles there are still with the original engine and RS transmission, with the org. aluminum hood, the first org. Recaro seats, org. thin glass and the ultra rare magnesium rims, and with Porsche certificate “Matching Numbers”, Porsche Classic could not tell, but there should be only a few.
Many of the RS offered on the market do not have the RS designation on the nameplate in the trunk…. this one offered here does.
As you see it says: 964/2 RS-B what means this 964 left the factory as 964 C2 as an RS basic.
The invoice date is 12.12.1991 with Prod.Nr.1423283, individual special paint S7 silver metallic color code 980.
First registration on 09.04.1992 and delivery to an industrialist resident in Genova.
On 30.11.2000 the RS was day-registered after import and for the preparation of a German letter on a Classic dealer resident in Heilbronn.
On 23.03.2002 the RS was registered to the second and last owner who drove the car only 11.950 km in the last 21 years. Due to age reasons, he decided to sell the RS in September 2023 to the now selling owner.
The long standing times have also left their mark on this classic car.
After an inventory, it was decided to subject the RS to only a partial optical and technical restoration due to the good original substance.
The aim of this work was to preserve the good authentic original condition as far as possible, as well as to eliminate the state damage.
The work is fully documented with a restoration diary, all invoices and over 100 pictures.
Over 40.000,- have been invested since 09/2023. The original mileage is well documented by the original Porsche checkbook and various MOT reports from the last 23 years. You will receive the RS with the original owner’s manual, the emergency wheel and associated compressor, 2 keys and a binder full of invoices.
This RS is largely original preserved, comes with all certificates and carries the light patina of the last 32 years with dignity as a contemporary witness.
Work that was done:
- Engine + gearbox removed and brought to ice blasting
- Various attachments blasted and powder coated
- Various hoses and clamps renewed
- Major engine inspection, rocker arm axles and valve clearances adjusted, chain case gaskets rebuilt,
intake manifold gaskets renewed, ignition distributor and spark plugs renewed, all injectors checked and reconditioned, belt and
- pulley renewed, fan wheel with housing reconditioned, oil with filter new
- Starter motor renewed
- servo motor of the left + right heating flaps, fuel pressure regulator, rear blower motor renewed
- Gearbox separated from engine, new complete Sachs RS clutch with clutch disc, clutch pressure plate and shaft seal installed,
- gearbox oil new
- Gearshift adjusted and slide rails serviced
- Engine compartment insulation renewed
- Control units for heating and rear spoiler repaired
- Complete brake system checked, various lines renewed, pads, warning contacts with holding plates at front and rear axle renewed,
- brake fluid new
- Original RS suspension on front axle removed/reinstalled and fitted with new dust boots, then adjusted
- Bodywork and partial paint:
- All PU parts, lamp rings disassembled and repainted, RS bumper center section, taillights, lights band rear, turn signals front, RS fog light bezels, various seals of PU parts replaced with original Porsche RS parts.
- Bosch headlight lenses renewed
- Preparation of the body for partial painting, windshield and side window right dismantled, door right, hood, fenders from right
- dismantled and gap dimensions adjusted
- Painted right side, painted original RS alloy hood and wind barrel
- Original RS magnesium rims refurbished / painted
- complete underbody, engine compartment, wheel houses, RS chassis, engine gearbox + add-on parts ice-blasted and then sealed with transparent wax,
- RS rims ice-blasted,
- complete footwell for renewal of the RS lightweight carpet ice-blasted
- the complete RS light weight carpet set was replaced by a new part,
- the complete original RS dashboards were refurbished, new glasses and pointers as well as windows were added
- the original RS Recaro seats were refurbished and fitted with new seat cushion foam, retaining the original leather
headliner, door panels cleaned and sealed
- vehicle was polished after completion of the partial restoration and the paint was nano-sealed
- Presentation of the vehicle at the Porsche Classic Center Berlin, for acceptance and preparation of a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity (birth certificate), verification of the production number on the body, matching engine and transmission number, preparation of the certificate with matching of the data card by Porsche Classic in Stuttgart.
Original 911 RS with matching numbers and matching colours!
Convince yourself by the pictures and invoices of this Porsche 911 Carrera RS and place your bid!
Cover the Insurance with our Partner. Calculate it here
The vehicle description is provided to the best of the seller’s knowledge and belief. We at Getyourclassic use our experience to work with the seller to provide a correct and accurate vehicle description. However, the bidder must satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of the description and make all necessary enquiries before placing a bid. Our General Terms and Conditions apply exclusively.
911 Carrera RS
silver metallic S7
Berlin / Germany