Aston Martin DB2/4 MKII Tickford

  • rare Tickford Body
  • Ex Richard Attwood
  • Lefthanddrive

280.000,00

The Aston Martin DB2/4, launched in 1953 and replaced the Aston Martin DB2 and made for a far more useable car than its predecessor with repositioned headlamps, wraparound windscreens and larger bumpers, as well as a 2+2 seating arrangement. This was only approved with later examples such as ours, featuring the 2.9 Litre WO Bentley in its largest configuration prior to its replacement with the 3.7 Litre Straight Six used in the Aston DB4.

Several body styles were offered, the primary 3 being the Saloon, the Drophead Coupé and the Fixed-Head Coupe by Tickford of which only 34 cars, one of which was owned by none other than David Brown himself! They were an elegant, notchback shaped Coupé with subtle lines and all came together for a far lighter looking car than the regular Saloon. With seating for 4 and performance to boot, this made for a serious grand tourer to rival its contemporaries.

One of just 34 cars with this magnificent Tickford Coachwork

This DB2/4 MkII was once owned by Richard Attwood, the ex-Formula 1 driver and Le Mans winner.

Sold new via Brooklands of Bond Street on 12th September 1957, Richard Attwood acquired this DB2/4 in March 1982, by which time it had already had some eight owners. Chassis number ‘AM300/1211’ is fitted with engine number ‘VB6J/834/L1’. The ‘L1’ suffix denoting that this is a special series unit equipped with larger valves and higher lift camshafts, developing 165bhp. The car was also equipped with a twin exhaust system.

The previous vendor purchased the DB2/4 when Richard offered it in 2008 ‘ULC 432′ had not been run for 30-or-so years prior to the sale in 2008. After the acquisition’ULC 432’ has been converted to left-hand drive and restored, repainted and upholstered completely in yellow.

The Car is well maintained and the last expertise gave the Car an Overall Condition of 2

Year

1957

Make

Aston Martin

Model

DB4/2

Location

Ingolstadt

Talk about it